UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license problem with XPS, platgen 14.3

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing a license problem with software version 14.3. We purchased an ml605 board and I have the related license xps_tpd node locked to the PC I'm using

When I start the xps an error windows pops up with the error: "A license was not found for XPS feature [...] The Xilinx License Manager (XCLM) wiil be launch[..]

I'm able to select the license file in the "Manage Xilinx licences"  tab in XCLM. The ciolumns  "Host ID matches", "Licence CRC" are both okay for all the rows.

Then the problem occurs  in exporting  a design from xps to sdk. Without success, I tried to follow the suggestions in the forum for this kind of problem. .in particular when xps exporting procedure  invokes:

platgen -p xc6vlx240tff1156-1 -lang vhdl -intstyle default -msg

__xps/ise/xmsgprops.lst visimalogic.mhs

It gives the error:

ERROR:MDT - INFO:Security:71 - If a license for part 'xc6vlx240t' is available,
it will be possible to use 'XPS_TDP' instead of 'XPS'.
INFO:Security:60 - The XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is set to
'D:\Xilinx\Xilinx.lic'.
INFO:Security:62 - The LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is set to
'D:\Xilinx\Xilinx.lic'.
INFO:Security:68 - For more information or for assistance in obtaining
a license, please run the Xilinx License Configuration Manager
(xlcm or "Manage Xilinx Licenses".)
INFO:Security:68a - user is MB238381, on host GRE043548.
WARNING:Security:9b - No 'XPS' feature version 2012.10 was available for part
'xc6vlx240t'.
ERROR:Security:10 - No 'XPS_TDP' feature version 2012.10 was available for
part 'xc6vlx240t'.

No such feature exists.
Feature: XPS

In the attachment there's the file xinfo.txt 

Do you have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: license problem with XPS, platgen 14.3

Jump to solution

Hi,

From the following link: http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/EK-V6-ML605-G.htm

it is clear that you had Logic Edition license.

See this link: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx13_4/ise_c_overview.htm

In the above link, it clearly states that logic edition do not include XPS tool.

You need to purchase separate embedded edition license to use XPS, SDK tools with xc6vlx240t device.

I hope it is clear now.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

I dont see XPS_TDP/XPS feature listed in the xinfo file.

Do you have a ISE webpack license? If yes, can you try to copy it to C:/.Xilinx and restart ISE.

Check this AR http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/53751.htm

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for sharing xinfo file. From the xinfo file, I observed that you have webpack license and Logic Edition license.

With Logic edition license, you cannot access the XPS tool.

With Webpack license, you can access XPS by targeting the following devices XC7Z010, XC7Z020 and XC7Z030 only.

One of the issue with webpack license is discussed here: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/51895.htm

Thanks

Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Sorry I do not understand well the point.

I generated the license nine months ago using the code of the ML6505 Evaluation kit. In the kit instructions and documenttion there are several example that uses XPS. Do I need to add another license to use XPS with the target device xc6vlx240t? Is this situation dependent by the software release? I mean, if I switch to a previous software release ( the 13.4, that was distributed with the kit, as example) will I have the same situation. I understand that my problem is really specific and related to a specific product, so thank you for yours helps! 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

From the following link: http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/EK-V6-ML605-G.htm

it is clear that you had Logic Edition license.

See this link: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx13_4/ise_c_overview.htm

In the above link, it clearly states that logic edition do not include XPS tool.

You need to purchase separate embedded edition license to use XPS, SDK tools with xc6vlx240t device.

I hope it is clear now.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yes, thank you! 

best regards 

Michele

0 Kudos