cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

vivado installation stuck at "Register MS JScript Module"

When I install Vivado 2018.3, the installation process stuck at "Register MS JScript Module", and the same thing happen when I install Vivado 2019.1. Please help ! Thank you!

piratelyc_0-1600222088938.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @piratelyc ,

Check if you are using the Supported OS for both 2018.3 and 2019.1, this can be checked from the UG973: supported OS, refer to the following link for UG973v 2018.3.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

Refer to the following forum discussion and check if it helps.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Vivado-installation-stuck-at-Register-MS-JScript-Module/td-p/1078293

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

hi, Ansari Hunen

Thank you for your reply, I download the vivado version 2018.3 and 2019.1 for windows. I think this is not the cause for this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @piratelyc ,

As mentioned in the above forum post that one needs both x64 and x86 versions of MS Visual C++ redistributable, there can be a case that one of them may be missing, please check if you have both x64 and x86 installed.

To check this, navigate to control panel --> Programs --> Programs and Features and also, share the snapshot of it to verify the same.

This type of behavior is normally caused due to the corrupt or not found the required Visual C++ redistributables on the PC, If you don’t have it installed then the Visual C++ redistributable 2015 (both 32 and 64 bit) can be downloaded from this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If you have all the MS Visual C++ installed and yet getting the same error then check if jscript.dll has read, write and execute permission, sometimes due to strict IT policy, access to jscript.dll is blocked, make sure this is not the case, more information on this can be found in the above forum post.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

Highlighted

Hello @piratelyc ,

As correctly indicated by @ansarimo , that indeed looks like you may have an issue with JScript.dll (basically, access to use JScript.dll could be disabled by your IT Department)

And if the access to this file is currently blocked, that would cause this issue.

To re-enable it, please try the following:

1. Become Administrator

2. Open Command Prompt

3. Go to C:\Windows\System32

4. TYPE: regsvr32 jscript.dll

Once re-enabled, please try the installation once again and see if you can bypass this issue then?

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Highlighted

HI, Anatoli Curran,

I just tried, however, the Vivado still stuck at the same place.

piratelyc_0-1600246372882.png

0 Kudos