UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Install XRT for ML Suite

I'm getting some errors when I try to follow the instructions for installing ML Suite 1.5. The first step is to install XRT, but this is where I run into the problems during install. The errors I get during installation on a Ubuntu 16.04 system are shown below:

DNNDK Screenshot.png

I've also attached the make.log that was mentioned in the error messages to this post. The error message within the make.log can also be seen below here for the sake of simpicity:

/var/lib/dkms/xrt/2.1.127/build/driver/xclng/drm/xocl/userpf/../subdev/str_qdma.c:689:12: error: static declaration of ‘stream_open’ follows non-static declaration
 static int stream_open(struct inode *inode, struct file *file)
            ^
In file included from ./include/linux/huge_mm.h:7:0,
                 from ./include/linux/mm.h:465,
                 from ./include/linux/scatterlist.h:8,
                 from ./include/linux/dma-buf.h:29,
                 from /var/lib/dkms/xrt/2.1.127/build/driver/xclng/drm/xocl/userpf/../subdev/str_qdma.c:19:
./include/linux/fs.h:2988:12: note: previous declaration of ‘stream_open’ was here
 extern int stream_open(struct inode * inode, struct file * filp);
            ^
scripts/Makefile.build:330: recipe for target '/var/lib/dkms/xrt/2.1.127/build/driver/xclng/drm/xocl/userpf/../subdev/str_qdma.o' failed
make[3]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/xrt/2.1.127/build/driver/xclng/drm/xocl/userpf/../subdev/str_qdma.o] Error 1
Makefile:1571: recipe for target '_module_/var/lib/dkms/xrt/2.1.127/build/driver/xclng/drm/xocl/userpf' failed
make[2]: *** [_module_/var/lib/dkms/xrt/2.1.127/build/driver/xclng/drm/xocl/userpf] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.15.0-65-generic'
Makefile:53: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/lib/dkms/xrt/2.1.127/build/driver/xclng/drm/xocl/userpf'
Makefile:2: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

It would appear there is an issue with the downloaded files where the function "stream_open" is declared twice and the second declaration causes the make to fail.

So far I have tried several different things to fix this:

• Installing Ubuntu 16.04 from the .iso and not updating any packages before running the terminal command to install XRT (from the ML Suite Github)
  • Installing Ubuntu 16.04 from the .iso and running an apt full-upgrade before running the terminal command to install XRT (from the ML Suite Github)
  • Installing Ubuntu 16.04 from the .iso and running the Ubuntu Software Updater before running the terminal command to install XRT (from the ML Suite Github)
  • Installing Ubuntu 16.04 from the .iso, updating packages using either apt full-upgrade or the Ubuntu Software Updater, AND restarting before running the terminal command to install XRT
  • All of the above options for Ubuntu 18.04 as well, using the Ubuntu 18.04 XRT install command from the same ML Suite Github page

I'm completely stumped how to proceed, because no matter what I try I get an error that prevents the installation with make.log details showing issues with function declarations. Is there a step I am missing somewhere to properly install XRT and move on to the rest of the ML Suite installation?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Can't Install XRT for ML Suite

Hi tyler.faye@medtronic.com 

Can i know for which board you are trying to install xrt?

0 Kudos