UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer cetic.ecs.fpga
Observer

DPU TRD 3.0 in petalinux

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to integrate the DPU.ko from xilinx_dnndk_v3.1_190809 (xilinx_dnndk_v3.1/ZCU104/pkgs/driver/dpu.ko) with petalinux to generate the linux kernel for the ZCU104 board.

I tried to follow the "DPU integration tutorial" : Generating the Linux Platform in PetaLinux/step2. In this step the DPU driver is built from sources, provided in  the github. What I have to do is different since I have the dpu.ko without the sources.

I am not a linux expert. How can I integrate the dpu.ko in the linux kernel from petalinux project?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer cetic.ecs.fpga
Observer

Re: DPU TRD 3.0 in petalinux

Jump to solution

It 's OK with the zcu102-dpu-trd-2019-1-190809,

I generated a new Petalinux project with the BSP and got the dpu kernel installed. Then I could follow successfully the resnet50 implementation according to DPU integretion tutorial on my ZCU104 board.

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Observer ppjoekale
Observer

Jump to solution

If you download the ZCU102 v3.0 TRD from https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/ai-inference/ai-developer-hub.html#tabAnchor-edge there is a bsp for the zcu102 in the apu folder that contains the bitbake recipes petalinux uses to build the DNNDK and kernel driver to be installed in the image.

If you extract the files (the bsp is a gzipped file) you can copy the recipes into your petalinux project and add them to your build through `petalinux-config -c rootfs`

0 Kudos
Observer cetic.ecs.fpga
Observer

Jump to solution

It 's OK with the zcu102-dpu-trd-2019-1-190809,

I generated a new Petalinux project with the BSP and got the dpu kernel installed. Then I could follow successfully the resnet50 implementation according to DPU integretion tutorial on my ZCU104 board.

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Kudos