UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer overing1314
Observer

Open Camera Error for ZedBoard

Jump to solution

I downloaded xilinx_dnndk_v3.1 and successfully installed the zedbaord DPU. 

I followed the description to test the face_detection but keep come out with Open Camera Error.

1. I changed the ip address followed the host computer and run the make file. (The file has built successful)

2. Run eth-show/eth_show.exe on the host computer (There are nothing display on terminal)

3. The "Open Camera Error" come out.

I already forwarded the X11 and I can run the resnet50, but face_detection cannot. Please help me Thanks...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

回复: Open Camera Error for ZedBoard

Jump to solution

Hi Overing 1314,

Have you fixed this issue? I have exactly the opposite problem. The face-detect works using the eth_show. exe on my Win10 laptop, but I cannot get X11 to run on my Linux laptop.

When I try to run ssh -X or any other X11 cammnds I get -sh xauth : command not found.

How did you get X11 working on the ZedBoard with the DNNDK demo working?

Also, the Resnet50 demo runs, and I get text output to the console, but it will not put video to the eth_show and refuses to connect via X11

DJE666

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @overing1314 ,

It seems that you are failed to open the default USB camera.

I would suggest you to check if the camera device is available.

Like using the following command:

root@zcu102_dpu_test:~# cat /sys/class/video4linux/video0/name
USB 2.0 Camera: USB Camera
Best Regards,
Jason
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer overing1314
Observer

Jump to solution

is it any problem when I plugged ny usb webcame to usb port it shows this on terminal:

usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ci_hdrc

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @overing1314 ,

You should get more information like the one I got on ZCU102:

[   49.565544] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using xhci-hcd
[   49.807904] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0c45, idProduct=6366, bcdDevice= 1.00
[   49.816082] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=2, Product=1, SerialNumber=3
[   49.823216] usb 1-1: Product: USB 2.0 Camera
[   49.827483] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Sonix Technology Co., Ltd.
[   49.833221] usb 1-1: SerialNumber: SN0001
[   49.845974] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device USB 2.0 Camera (0c45:6366)
[   49.876339] uvcvideo 1-1:1.0: Entity type for entity Extension 4 was not initialized!
[   49.884177] uvcvideo 1-1:1.0: Entity type for entity Extension 3 was not initialized!
[   49.892004] uvcvideo 1-1:1.0: Entity type for entity Processing 2 was not initialized!
[   49.899916] uvcvideo 1-1:1.0: Entity type for entity Camera 1 was not initialized!
[   49.907657] input: USB 2.0 Camera: USB Camera as /devices/platform/amba/ff9d0000.usb0/fe200000.dwc3/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0/input/input1

If you can't find the video device for USB cam I would suggest you to check if the cam is working properly.

I have done some quick research on internet and find a post of debugging usb cam on Zedboard like below:

http://www.zedboard.org/content/intefacing-usb-webcam-zedboard-running-petalinux

Best Regards,
Jason
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Observer overing1314
Observer

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @overing1314 ,

Have you resolved your new problem here since you marked your new question as sollution?

If not I would suggest you to create a new post for this new question and keep the text version of your error message in the post so that anyone else can search with your error message.

Best Regards,
Jason

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Overing 1314,

Have you fixed this issue? I have exactly the opposite problem. The face-detect works using the eth_show. exe on my Win10 laptop, but I cannot get X11 to run on my Linux laptop.

When I try to run ssh -X or any other X11 cammnds I get -sh xauth : command not found.

How did you get X11 working on the ZedBoard with the DNNDK demo working?

Also, the Resnet50 demo runs, and I get text output to the console, but it will not put video to the eth_show and refuses to connect via X11

DJE666

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Observer zxbzsb
Observer

Re: Open Camera Error for ZedBoard

Jump to solution

How did you install the zedboard DPU, and would you like to share the tutorial?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Open Camera Error for ZedBoard

Jump to solution

Hi @zxbzsb ,

You may check this post:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Machine-Learning/ERROR-quot-DNNDK-Failure-of-DPU-memory-space-used-out-quot-when/td-p/1038594

Best Regards,
Jason

0 Kudos