UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer ngocvanpham35
Observer

Working with DPU without DNNDK

Jump to solution

Hi everybody,

I'm deploy a tenserflow model on ZCU104/Ultra96-v1/Ultra96-v2. It depends on DNNDK and have no good performance. 
I want to work with DPU without DNNDK. Control everything of FPGA. (C/C++/VHDL/Verilog is OK).
So can you give me any advice?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Working with DPU without DNNDK

Jump to solution

I dont exactly undertand what you are trying to do here.

"Can I make a program work with DPU(FPGA) - which runs on OS of Ultra96? When a program calls our APIs. we will run a task on DPU an return it's result"

This sound like the normal flow, you can have kernel (.elf file) compiled by DNNC which you then execute and read results back from using the DNNDK API calls.

"Some time, I want to use DPU to process an other problem"

If another probem means a kernel compiled by DNNC, then yes, otherwise no.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

You are not going to be able to do this. You need DNNK to do teh quantization and compilation of the network.

If you are not getting good performance then, you should use profiling tools in dnndk to understand what the issue is.

Observer ngocvanpham35
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer.

But I wanna do something like what DNNDK do. It's same as driver. Can I make a program work with DPU(FPGA) - which runs on OS of Ultra96? When a program calls our APIs. we will run a task on DPU an return it's result. Your DNNDK likes a blackbox. we don't know what happens when dpuRunTask was called. Some time, I want to use DPU to process an other problem. Is it OK?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I dont exactly undertand what you are trying to do here.

"Can I make a program work with DPU(FPGA) - which runs on OS of Ultra96? When a program calls our APIs. we will run a task on DPU an return it's result"

This sound like the normal flow, you can have kernel (.elf file) compiled by DNNC which you then execute and read results back from using the DNNDK API calls.

"Some time, I want to use DPU to process an other problem"

If another probem means a kernel compiled by DNNC, then yes, otherwise no.

View solution in original post