Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

DDR3 MIG IP in Ping Pong Mode

Hello,

I am trying to configure the DDR3 MIG in ping-pong mode.

So I go to the IP catalog, pick DDR3 SDRAM (MIG) (1.4), select Physical Layer PingPong and configure the clocking options, memory part number and so on.  After cliking OK, I get the file ddr3_0.xci in ddr3_ping_pong/ddr3_ping_pong.srcs/sources_1/ip/ddr3_0.

Now I want to be able to use this IP in a block design.  I follow the instructions in AR# 60700:  Vivado IP Integrator - How can I add an Xilinx IP into my packaged IP to use in my Block Design.

I edit the template /ddr3_ping_pong.srcs/sources_1/ip/ddr3_0/ddr3_0.veo to create a wrapper ddr3_mig_ip.v which instantiates module ddr3_0.

So far so good.  But this is where I am having problems.

I click on Tools --> Create and Package New IP --> Next --> Package your current project --> Next and I get the message "No modules were found in your design".

The AR# 60700 mentions to click on Out-of-Context Settings in Generate Output Products and deselect the ddr3_0.xci box.

But I don't see the Out-of-Context Settings option (I am using Vivado 2018.2) (I right-click on ddr3_0 in IP Sources and select Generate Output Products).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jacques

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

@jmcm 

If I understand your question... you want to know how to enable out-of-context in Vivado...

In settings... under synthesis... in the options areas... in the 'More Options' box... type -mode out_of_context

Hope that helps

If so, please mark as solution accepted. Kudos also welecomed. :-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

I am getting this error:

[IP_Flow 19-5108] Filegroup 'xilinx_anylanguagesynthesis': XCI file 'ddr3_0.xci' cannot be packaged in the same directory as the component.xml. Please create subdirectories for subcore XCI files

Do I need to create a separate directory for the ddr3_0.xci file?

Regards,

Jacques

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

I solved this issue.  I now have a DDR3 Memory Controller IP in Ping Pong Mode.  Next step is to add an AXI interface.

Jacques

0 Kudos