Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwayne_aqua
Visitor
Visitor

Effect of SIMULATION and SIM_BYPASS_INIT_CAL

Hello,

I am simulating a design with a MIG 7 DDR3 memory controller inside. 

Without changing any parameters or any files the design simulates, and init_calibration_complete goes high at around 55 us, same as in the example design. Note that as far as I can tell this is with SIM_BYPASS_INIT_CAL set to OFF and SIMULATION set to FALSE. 

This doesn't seem right, so I want to change these parameters, however, the IP generated top level file is read-only. So, I open up another text editor, change them to SIM_BYPASS_INIT_CAL to FAST and SIMULATION to TRUE, and rerun the simulation.

Nothing changes. It still takes the same amount of time, and init_calibration_complete goes high at around 55 us. I thought setting it to FAST was supposed to speed it up, but it's not.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kren

When SIM_BYPASS_INIT_CAL is to FAST, the calibration procedure us enabled as a fast version. The 55us simulation time cannot be shorten anymore.

-----------------------------------------------------Please don't forget to give kudos or accept as solution if information provided is helpful.---------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos