Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to support multi-rank?

Hi all,

Our company will build a system, that holds an amount of 16GB data. For bandwith reasons we have to use multi-rank LRDIMMs, and I get the message form the  ds176_7Series_MIS that it is only Single rank UDIMM, RDIMM, and SODIMM
support. So How to support multi-rank?  thanks  !!!

best regards,

weili

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

dual rank is support in 14.4.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could 14.4 suport  four ranks?   How to support  it ?  I  have modified the  parameter ,but  ISE report error.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Vivado/ISE supports only dual rank DIMMs, there is no plan to support quad rank for 7 series.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ,but  we  must support  LRDIMM project ,so  we have modified the PHY_init  file to support  the LRDIMMs , and  I want to  ask  how could I  modify?     

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

As Xilinx do not  officially support multi(quad) rank DIMMs there is no proven/documnted flow for phy block changes.

Also quad rank devices were not HW evaluated and hence we cannot assure that your changes would work.

I would suggest you to contact your FAE, he might do the needful or guide you accordingly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos