cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Is this DDR3 setup possible with MIG / ARTIX 7?

Jump to solution

Hi,

According to some other forum posts & UG586, when using multiple DDR3 components on a single MIG generated controller, ALL address/control/clk signals  (including LDQx) excpet DQx are shared on the DDR3 components. Is this assumption correct?

Attached the setup I'm planning to implement - 2 x DDR3 x 16 to form a 32 bit wide memory block.

Any advice / feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks, best regards

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

When you select a X16 component and increase the Data witdth to 32, MIG assumes there are two X16 components, it shares all address and control signals but I think not Data strobes.

Please generate MIG for your set up and observe the pinout in user_design/par folder against yours

Hope this helps

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

When you select a X16 component and increase the Data witdth to 32, MIG assumes there are two X16 components, it shares all address and control signals but I think not Data strobes.

Please generate MIG for your set up and observe the pinout in user_design/par folder against yours

Hope this helps

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks again for your valuable help - indeed the pin assignment is already done by MIG, located in a seperate constraints file.

I was not aware of that, as I could not see any connections done in the main project ucf.

Thanks, best regards

Mike

0 Kudos