UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor ajivs
Visitor

Kintex 7 Schematic Review- Memory Interface

Hello,

Please help to review the schematics for DDR3 & NOR flash interface with XC7K160T-3FFG676.

Regards

Aji

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Kintex 7 Schematic Review- Memory Interface

Hello @ajivs,

The QSPIs look fine.

For the DDR3 I noticed you have the external VREF pins connected on the banks but you have your VRP/VRN resistors configured for 50-ohm trace impedances.  I just wanted to point out that if you're going faster than 1333Mbps then you should have 40-ohm traces and setup your VRP/VRN resistors for 40-ohm traces (80-ohm values).  If you're below 1333Mbps then double check your current layout to make sure they're targeting 50-ohm traces.

For the DDR3 clock I'm not sure why you have two types of termination.  Remove the 100-ohm across the FPGA output DDR3_CLK_P/N pins.  The correct termination is already done with the in-line resistors on the single ended components.