cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheladiya_vijay
Explorer
Explorer

MIG Simulation: ERROR: Activate Failure. Initialization sequence is not complete

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate 7 Series MIG generated using Vivado 2013.4 for XC7K160T device and MT16JTF51264HZ-1G SODIMM module.

I tried it by simulating it standalone using Modelsim 10.2c, without Vivado. I also tried it with Vivado. But it gives same error like: "ERROR: Activate  Failure.  Initialization sequence is not complete".

Thanks,

Vijay

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

So in which case the error occurs?

If this is in your full design and you are using your own test becnh did you check if test bench maps the model correctly as in sim_tb_top?

Are all the top level parameters cross checked and hierarchy of the files is correct?

did you see any phy end FPGA signals toggling in simulation or in underterminate or high impedance state?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

4 Replies
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Is this issue seen with MIG example design simulation or MIG with your own testbench.

Have you generated the MIG simulation model during core generation.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
sheladiya_vijay
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Satish,

I simulated MIG example design, it goes well without any issue. I tried it with Vivado Simulator and Modelsim as well.

Yes, I have generated memory model during core generation.

Thanks,

Vijay

0 Kudos
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

So in which case the error occurs?

If this is in your full design and you are using your own test becnh did you check if test bench maps the model correctly as in sim_tb_top?

Are all the top level parameters cross checked and hierarchy of the files is correct?

did you see any phy end FPGA signals toggling in simulation or in underterminate or high impedance state?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

sheladiya_vijay
Explorer
Explorer

Hi vsrunga,

You are right...I cross checked my design with example design and I found that there was a wrong assignment to ddr3_addr_sdram and ddr3_ba_sdram. I corrected it and it is working fine now.

Thanks all...

Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos