UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant msk_fpga
Participant

MIG is not working after calibration stages are skipped

I've got the MIG to test each calibration stage in my design with my custom board on ZYNQ ultrasacle+

So, I just set the calibration stages that are skipped all first, and then, i showed the calibration skipped.
calibration skipped.PNG

However, when i recovered the original status, calibration is failed.

DQS gate, calibration first stage in MIG, is failed.

I don't understand this situation but, i guess the PHY IOB or PHY data-line is broken by generated reverse current leakage. but .. it's just my speculation.

therefore my questions are:

- how can i make the recover my board?

- what is the reason why calibration is failed?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: MIG is not working after calibration stages are skipped

Hello @msk_fpga,

First I would always keep all the calibration stages left at their default values as generated by the IP.  If you skip calibration stages then the DDR interface will not be able to function.

It sounds like you restored the original values but you're still seeing a DQS_GATE failed status.  The recommendation here is to start with the Debugging section of PG150 starting on page 580.  A link is in my signature.  First I would simplying everything by using the IP Example Design instead of your full application design.  Next you can follow the Debugging section with the General Checks section or take a look at AR#68937 linked here:
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/68937.html

Do the basic schematic and power rail checks to make sure the connections and termination are correct, make sure the voltage rails are at their nominal value and seem stable, then you can try running the interface at a slower rate to see if that helps.  Then depending on the failing calibration stage PG150 will give you guidance on what to check next.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: MIG is not working after calibration stages are skipped

Did you have a try with MIG IP example design without any modification on this board? If it fails, please aslo test on another board to check if the problem is only found on this board. 

0 Kudos
Participant msk_fpga
Participant

Re: MIG is not working after calibration stages are skipped

I'v showed the PG 150 debug section to verify the error. But, my error is not explained. That is reason why i think that the error i met is hardware issue. ..
0 Kudos
Participant msk_fpga
Participant

回复: MIG is not working after calibration stages are skipped

Yes, i make the original example design and upload the board i skipped, and that is not working also.

i have the another custom board that not applied to calibration skip.
before the load the bitstream the error board, i test the original example design, and i show the calibration pass.

the error board had been uploaded the project with skipped, so i skipped the test again, and then i show the calibration pass... of course, it is the natural result.

do you have another ideas to define the problems i met?
0 Kudos