Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

System Performance Monitor for Zynq MPSoC

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a way to estimate PS DDR4 performance for a Zynq MPSoC using various interfaces: ARM, AXI bus(es) from PL, etc.

AFAICT, there are  some documentation to monitor system performance for Zynq7000 family (e.g. XAPP1219 and UG1145).

Unfortunately, for ZynqMP, I have only found a wiki link: http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq+UltraScale%EF%BC%8B+MPSoC+-+System+Performance+Modelling (or its variant using confluence) which is either no longer valid or not public.

Is there any information for ZynqMP still accessible somewhere (wiki, document(s), design(s))?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: System Performance Monitor for Zynq MPSoC

Jump to solution

@fred2019 

I did find out why it was taken to an internal version, but I have had it moved to an external facing perspective.  You should be able to access it, and you should not need to login.  You were correct that we are the only ones who could login to the wiki in order to see those internal files.

Please note that the page is under construction and is not fully ready for release.  Can you please try using that link to get access to the page?

Thanks,
Caleb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@fred2019 

I was able to get into the wiki page for the SPM design by logging in when asked and then the page needed to reload a couple times.  Can you try logging into Confluence, and then seeing if the page shows up for you (after a couple refreshes of the wiki page)?

I also had to use this link: https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/XWUC/pages/18842421/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+-+System+Performance+Modelling

Thanks,
Caleb
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution
Thanks for your feedback.
I'm still slightly confused:
1) I don't understand why this page is not public, I do not require an account for other pages.
2) Correct me if I'm wrong but I had the feeling only people working for Xilinx were supposed to have an account on xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net, are end-users also expected to have one?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@fred2019 

I did find out why it was taken to an internal version, but I have had it moved to an external facing perspective.  You should be able to access it, and you should not need to login.  You were correct that we are the only ones who could login to the wiki in order to see those internal files.

Please note that the page is under construction and is not fully ready for release.  Can you please try using that link to get access to the page?

Thanks,
Caleb

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks, it works now using this link:

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842421/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+-+System+Performance+Modelling

i.e. correcting the "XUWC" part back to "A".

I don't have time right now to check the page in details, but I think, even it is a work in progress it will help me a lot, I was a bit stuck reading SPM for Vitis trying to figure out how I could generate my own bitstream.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hello @calebd ,

I was trying to run the modeling for that design in Vitis, but I have some problems because the hw_platform is not found while a run an SPM.

Do you have any guide for vitis?

Thanks.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @hrexha 

Since this is a page that is in progress, I don't believe we have a specific guide for using this example in Vitis.

Would you be able to create a new thread with your question, and then more people can answer your request there?  That will help gain visibility and keep new questions separate.

Thanks,
Caleb
0 Kudos