cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arash9k
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ultrascale DDR3 MIG using "half" of the data and strobe buses only

I need to instantiate a MIG controller (DDR3 SODIMM) for an Ultrascale FPGA. The intended memory part is MT16KTF1G64HZ-1G9P1. This part is already included in the MIG predefined part which is great. However, only 4GB out of the 8GB of this SODIMM is intended for use, as a result, only 32 bits out of the 64 data bits (and 4 out of the 8 strobe bits) are actually connected to FPGA pins. I tried grounding the unused (unconnected) pins in the design but MIG doesn’t allow me and requires that all the pins be connected to the FPGA. Could anyone please recommend a (or maybe some) way(s) / workaround(s) we can get this working?

Any tips / tricks / suggestions is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

PS. I'm working on Vivado 2016.3 but I can use any version of Vivado if I have to.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @arash9k

I think Ultrascale MIG IP cannot be generated/used with this setup.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos