cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

VDMA , microblaze and 8G SODIMM adressing problem.

Hi everyone.

I am working for a 8GB SODIMM with microblaze on a XC7K325T system. And I using vivado 2017.4.

But I find that Microblaze only have a 32 bits adress.  So I cannot build a system to reach all the 8GB

DIMM menmory.

If I build a two interconnects system, microblaze to reach system periphrials including the VDMA comands space,

VDMA reach the DDR3 memory(0X00000000~0XFFFFFFFF) thru the memory interconnect, Does it make any sense?

I find that when I config the VDMA write and read , it failed.  And I am not sure the system like above is right or not.

OR where should I research some examples.

THX ahead ,any response is help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I am wrong. THe DIMM is 4GB. And miroblaze cannot reach all the 4G address.  Because  microblaze map prephrials in 0x4XXXXXXX, and bram to 0x00000000, so I cannot reach all the 4GB address.

THE other  question is still. THX.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @fujiajun 

The Microblaze was updated to include a 64 bit version in 2018.3, but I would suggest just going all the way to 2020.1 since we have some good improvements when moving to that version of the tools.  Please try with an updated version (and adjusting the Microblaze IP), and let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Thanks,
Caleb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos