UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor ebti07
Visitor

Xs on MMCM_adv do port

Jump to solution

Hey,

I am reconfiguring MMCME2_adv with DRP ports. I am able to reconfigure four registers (all ClkReg1). Procedure for reconfiguring is as follows:

• Read the register
  • Write the registers with new parameters and keeping the reserved bits as received.

With the other five registers that I want to configure, four Clkreg2 and one Divreg, I am unable to read back register values exactly on reserved bits. Instead of values, Xs are received. Apart from reserved bits, I receive correct register values as expected.

Please advise why I am getting Xs in some registers and bit values on other registers. How to rectify this problem? Snapshot of simulation is attached.

Xs on reserved bit output.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Xs on MMCM_adv do port

Jump to solution

That's ok. You can leave them there and just check the functionality of the MMCM DRP.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor ebti07
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hey,

I am able to reconfigure MMCME2_adv in spite of Xs on reserved bits of some registers. However, i will surely want to know why some registers behave differently.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

That's ok. You can leave them there and just check the functionality of the MMCM DRP.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos