UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor abfontao
Visitor

cmd_en behavior

Jump to solution

Hi all.

Just in case anyone has happen to be suffering the same problem and knows any solution / suggestion.

When I drive a cmd_en pulse on my mig-based design, I am supposed to be popping an instruction onto the command fifo. In my case, I'm reading from the SDRAM, using a 64-word burst and starting from the address 0. Once this pulse has been issued, the MCB should start to pop data into the reading FIFO... but.... in my case it never does.

I wait for the calib_done signal to be asserted before issuing the cmd_en pulse.

You can see it in the chipscope monitoring image attached.

Any idea on why the reading process never starts?

cs_sim.JPG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor abfontao
Visitor

Re: cmd_en behavior

Jump to solution

After testing it: I can confirm what I posted before: the calib_done signal is asserted twice and during the first assertion, any command will be ignored.

Is it a design error?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Teacher rcingham
Teacher

Jump to solution
What FPGA?
Which version of ISE and MIG?

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."
0 Kudos
Visitor abfontao
Visitor

Jump to solution

FPGA: XC6SLX45T (on a SP605 board).

ISE: 13.2.

MIG: 3.8.

0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

Jump to solution

I believe the read latency is roughly 22 cycles.  I'm not sure that your simulation extends long enough.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Visitor abfontao
Visitor

Jump to solution

Yes, it does:

cs_sim_2.JPG
0 Kudos
Visitor abfontao
Visitor

Jump to solution

Does it make sense that the c3_calib_done signal is asserted twice (erroneously) and during the first assertion all operations send to the MCB are not taken into account or end in failure?

This post seem to support my theory:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/MIG-Memory-Interface-Generator/DDR3-on-SP605-spartan-6-Incorrect-calibration-gt-calib-done/m-p/159034

I'll test it and post the results here.

Thanks everyone.

0 Kudos
Visitor abfontao
Visitor

Jump to solution

After testing it: I can confirm what I posted before: the calib_done signal is asserted twice and during the first assertion, any command will be ignored.

Is it a design error?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

Jump to solution

This is a good problem to submit for webcase support.  If it's a bug, you'll need to open a webcase anyway.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor abfontao
Visitor

Jump to solution

Webcase submitted. Waiting for the reply. I'll keep you informed if I get a possitive answer.

Visitor gicquiaux515
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

ok thanks to keep us informed.

0 Kudos