Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
royaazimi
Observer
Observer

dimm #0 and dimm #1 meaning

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I'm going to design a kintex ulterascale based custom board. I want to use dual stacked DDR4 SODIMM for FPGA, according to following picture.

in Ug583, wrote : 

IMPORTANT: Figure 2-33, Figure 2-35, and Figure 2-36 show configurations with multiple DIMMs. To
reduce the effect of SI reflections, always place DIMM #0 on the furthest connector from the FPGA.
DIMM #1, if present, should be placed on the connector nearest to the FPGA

Now I have a question: what is the meaning of Dimm #0 and Dimm #1 ? 

in my design, witch of slot A and Slot B is Dimm #0 ? and witch of them is Dimm #1? 

let me know either Slot A should be placed furthest or nearest.

thanks . 

sodimm.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kren

Please refer to the PCB layout. Find out which is the near connector for DIMM1 and which is the furthe rconnector for DIMM0.

-----------------------------------------------------Please don't forget to give kudos or accept as solution if information provided is helpful.---------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kren

Please refer to the PCB layout. Find out which is the near connector for DIMM1 and which is the furthe rconnector for DIMM0.

-----------------------------------------------------Please don't forget to give kudos or accept as solution if information provided is helpful.---------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
royaazimi
Observer
Observer

thanks for your response,

as I understood, dimm #0 and dimm #1 is not assigned to a special connector ,and it depends on what the pcb designer decides. if pcb designer decides that "connector A" be further, then "A" will be dimm #0 and "B" will be dimm #1. 

Did I get it right?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
kren

Yes, that's correct.