cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

the io standard selection of sys_rst in MIG IP for Kintex-7 FPGA

Jump to solution

When I create MIG IP for Kintex-7 FPGA. The wizard guide me set the location of sys_rst, but no where to set the io standard. After the completion of the ip creation. A XDC file is generated automatically. The io standard is LVCMOS25 in this file. If I modify this as LVCMOS15. The IP is regenerated when synthesis and the xdc file is regenerated, the io standard is LVCMOS25 again. How can I change the io standard? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
You can overwirte the IO standard in your top xdc file.
-----------------------------------------------------Please don't forget to give kudos or accept as solution if information provided is helpful.---------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi @greatmaverick 

The MIG tool selects an appropriate I/O standard for the input such as LVCMOS18 and LVCMOS25 for HP and HR banks, respectively.

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

How to modify the io standard which is set automatically to LVCMOS25 of HR bank?

0 Kudos
You can overwirte the IO standard in your top xdc file.
-----------------------------------------------------Please don't forget to give kudos or accept as solution if information provided is helpful.---------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

Explorer
Explorer

I should modify the io standard in the xdc associated with the IP and regenerate the IP. If I regenrated IP before the modification, the problem still unsolved. I do not know whether I can overwrite the top xdc, if the setting occurs at 2 xdc file, will the top xdc file prevail? I will try.

0 Kudos