UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer rhodeman
Observer

Base Address and High Address for Spartan-6 MIG Setup

Jump to solution

Hey all,

I am configuring a DDR2 core in an EDK design on a Spartan-6 board using EDK v14.7. It was all pretty straightforward when I did a trial run and had a single 128-bit bidirectional port. However, I would like it to have more than 1 port (4 32-bit bidirectional ports in this example). When I go through the MIG flow, I come across what seems to be a peculiar default setting for the Base Address and High Address for Ports 1, 2, and 3 (0xffffffff and 0x00000000 respectively). Do I need to adjust these values for ports 1, 2, and 3 to have access to the DDR memory or is ok to leave them as they are? Thanks!

- Matthew

Screenshot 2014-03-07 14.13.33.png

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Base Address and High Address for Spartan-6 MIG Setup

Jump to solution

Hi,

What I think is if you want to map each port a specific non overlapping physical address then you can change them

Please go through Note1 and 7 from  page -13 Table 4 of below pdf for more details

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/mpmc/v6_06_a/mpmc.pdf

Hope this helps

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

What I think is if you want to map each port a specific non overlapping physical address then you can change them

Please go through Note1 and 7 from  page -13 Table 4 of below pdf for more details

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/mpmc/v6_06_a/mpmc.pdf

Hope this helps

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Observer rhodeman
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks very much Vanitha...! It's totally ok with me if the ports share the same physical addresses. I'm assuming, based on your answer, that by default ports 1, 2, and 3 (for this example) will all share addresses 0xa8000000 through 0xafffffff with port 0 despite them having the Base Address 0xffffffff and High Address of 0x00000000 as default values. I just was wanting to make sure all the ports would actually be used with those addresses :) Thanks!

- Matthew

0 Kudos