UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE set to BACKBONE

HI,

i am using mig and pci controller. i set one constraint as follows to avoid one issue related to clock.

set_property CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE BACKBONE [get_nets sys_clk_i]  

at the stage of bitstream generation following error appeared,

[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (RTRES-1) Backbone resources - 1 net(s) have CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE set to BACKBONE but do not use backbone resources. The problem net(s) are sys_clk_i.

what i can do for correcting this?

thanks in advance,

Reshma

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE set to BACKBONE

Hi @reshmaakhil

Which version of vivado are you using?

Is clock port driving sys_clk placed in same IO column as that of memory interface?

Try following the steps from AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/60480.html

If possible upload _placed.dcp located in .runs-->impl_1 location here.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

hi, thanks for your response. i followed the same steps, but i had a confusion in the second step, is it a command to be used in tcl console? when i did it, it ended up as an invalid command. so i added it in xdc file and tried to generate bit stream. but error message came as shown below. 

[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (RTRES-1) Backbone resources - 1 net(s) have CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE set to BACKBONE but do not use backbone resources. The problem net(s) are sys_clk_i.
[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (RTSTAT-2) Partially routed net - 1 net(s) are partially routed. The problem bus(es) and/or net(s) are sys_clk_i.
[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (RTSTAT-5) Partial antenna - 1 net(s) have a partial antenna. The problem bus(es) and/or net(s) are sys_clk_i.

regards,

Reshma

error.png
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

hi,

i am using vivado 2016.2, here i am attaching the file u asked.

regards, 

Reshma

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

hi,

i was able to do it finally. but it is not cleared, now it showing the error,

[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (RTSTAT-2) Partially routed net - 1 net(s) are partially routed. The problem bus(es) and/or net(s) are sys_clk_i.
[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (RTSTAT-5) Partial antenna - 1 net(s) have a partial antenna. The problem bus(es) and/or net(s) are sys_clk_i.

one more thing,

when i executed the second step i got the output as

get_property route [get_nets sys_clk_i]
{ IOB_IBUF0 RIOI_I0 RIOI_ILOGIC0_D IOI_ILOGIC0_O { RIOI_I2GCLK_TOP0 HCLK_CMT_CK_IN0 CLK_HROW_BOT_R_CK_BUFG_CASCO10 CLK_HROW_BOT_R_CK_BUFG_CASCO10 CLK_HROW_BOT_R_CK_BUFG_CASCO10 CLK_BUFG_BUFGCTRL5_I0 } IOI_LOGIC_OUTS18_1 INT_INTERFACE_LOGIC_OUTS18 NN6BEG0 NN6BEG0 NN6BEG0 NN6BEG0 NN6BEG0 NN6BEG0 NN6BEG0 NN6BEG0 NN6BEG0 WR1BEG1 NN2BEG1 NN6BEG1 { SR1BEG1 CLK_L1 CMT_TOP_L_UPPER_T_PLLE2_CLK_IN1_INT CMT_TOP_R_UPPER_T_PLLE2_CLKIN1 } NW6BEG1 NW6BEG1 NW6BEG1 NE6BEG1 NE6BEG1 NE6BEG1 NN6BEG1 NN6BEG1 NN6BEG1 NN6BEG1 NN6BEG1 NN6BEG1 NN6BEG1 NN6BEG1 NN6BEG1 NN6BEG1 { NR1BEG1 NN2BEG1 SR1BEG1 CLK0 GTXE2_COMMON_GTGREFCLK } NN6BEG1 NN6BEG1 NN6BEG1 NN6BEG1 SR1BEG1 CLK1 GTXE2_CHANNEL_GTGREFCLK }  

i couldnt see "You can see the Backbone is used, and see BB referenced in names."

what may be the reason??

thanks in advance.

Regards,

Reshma

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

use tcl file attached in forum post

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/Drc-23-20-Rule-violation-RTRES-1/m-p/488764#M9778
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @reshmaakhil

Try the steps mentioned in the following answer record: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54795.html

Thanks,

Vinay

Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

hi,

thanks for your response. 

i followed the steps shown in the link. 

but it ended up in the following error,

[Common 17-1300] A message control rule with a rule id of '1' already exists. You can see what message control rules currently exist by using the command 'get_msg_config -rules'. Please try using a different rule id.

what is the meaning of this message? where i can change id? 

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

hi all,

thanks for the support. now bit stream generation completed without any errors. but, a new problem arised. i am using a kc705 board. processor is not detecting my board as a pcie device. what may be the reason?? please help.

regards,

Reshma

0 Kudos

Good solution! It can help me to fix the same error in mine project. Thanks a lot!

Add on the topic.

First I fixed the error as described above. It's some kind of shamanic spell. Then I found the cause of the error, at the physical level of the FPGA. The reason of this error was as follows: I used the frequency, fed to the MIG input from the PAD, at another point in the project. When I gave the reference frequency from PAD only to input of MIG's PLL, this error itself disappeared.

0 Kudos