UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer parithyila
Observer

DDR 3 memory addresing

Hi ,

I am using kintex 7 FPGA , I  created  MIG for DDR 3 , I went for bank row column  memory mapping mode ,

I am having doubt in giving the address for this 

I am reading 256 bit data from fifo and writing at the address 1  (address is 29 bit through app_addr ) , I am writing the next data from address 8 and next data from previous address +8  is it the correct  way that i am to generating the address.

my assumption is address 1 will have 8 column which start from 0 to 7  so first 32 bit of 256 bit data will be written in column 0 next 32 bit data will written in next column and so on upto 8 column so all the 256 bit are written and 

I am started to write next 256 bit from previous address 1 +8 and continuing the same

is this process is correct .

pls let me know if i am doing it wrong because in 1 Gb memory i cant wright even 3Mb data address is over folowing

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: DDR 3 memory addresing

Yes, you are writing correctly. However, usually we start to write to address 0, 8, and so on. Have you tried to read back the data you've written in the memory?

0 Kudos
Observer parithyila
Observer

Hi I am facing some issue here ,I am using kintex 7 fpga series i connected clock to J20 pin 33 mhz as an input from that i am generating 100mhz system clock 200mhz reference clock and 80Mz for other logic i am using locked signal as an reset. the logic which uses 80Mhz are working fine , but ddr is not working. is there any solution
0 Kudos
Observer parithyila
Observer

calibration bit goes high
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

What's the frequency DDR3 interface is running at? The PHY to controller clock ratio is set to 4:1 in IP wizard?

For example, if the DDR3 is running at 400MHz and the PHY to controller clock ratio is set to 4:1, then the user interface should run at 100MHz. The user interface clock is generated by MIG IP.

0 Kudos
Observer parithyila
Observer

our DDR3 is running at 400MHz and the PHY to controller clock ratio is set to 4:1 i am connecting 100 Mhz to the system clock and 200Mhz to the reference clock of Mig IP , both are derived from pll i am using no buffer option . and then the input clk and reset for the above mentioned pll is derived from another pll which takes the input from FPGA pin hi pls have a look on the single page sheet that i have attached . sry it an rough figure can u suggest me y this logic is not working .
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

For the clocking scheme, I suggest the system clock for DDR controller is directly from input FPGA pin. Please describe the failure phenomenon when you write/read at the user interface. 

0 Kudos
Observer parithyila
Observer

Hi i can't connect the connect the direct fpga in to system clock because it is 33mhz so i am using a pll to get 100mhz ,200mhz system clk and reference clock, i am using a display to see the output but i cant see any thing on the display , and the current rate is also low. i am having a doubt in this clock architecture which i have given in the document.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

First run simulation first to check the user interface timing. If it's ok, insert ILA to capture the signals at the user interface. If you have problem problem simulation, you can run simulation with IP example design for comparison.

0 Kudos
Observer parithyila
Observer

Hi,

Thanks for your reply as of now i am doing the same as you mentioned , i want to know can i generate clock for DDR module as i mentioned in the document. in the previous thread.i am also attaching here

0 Kudos