UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

DDR4 Calibration on multi controller design

I had a custom board based on zynq ultrascale+(xczu9eg-ffvc900-2i) FPGA. I choose to implement two DDR4 MIG's using Bank64 and Bank65.

Both the MIG's had independent external clocks(Si570) in their respective banks, and one sys_rst pin connected to both the MIG's. DDR4 reset_n's are coming from Bank66 for both the MIG's(separate reset pins unlike sys_rst)

I had 2 problems now,

1->Independently I am able to pass calibration on Bank64 but not on Bank65. Bank65 fails in the first stage

2->In another design, When i address both the MIG's together - Both of them fails calibration around stage10

Now i am not sure how to proceed on the debug, any pointer would be great. I thought back bone constraint not needed as there are 2 independent clocks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: DDR4 Calibration on multi controller design

Hello @trinadhkosuru ,

Could you please see a General Checks in the PG150(p.590) at first?

I have some comments.

-Did you try an example design?  That means there is only MIG in your design.

-Is the memory parts listed the MIG GUI(Micron parts)?  If not, you use the customer CSV.  Are value in the CSV correct?

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/ultrascale_memory_ip/v1_4/pg150-ultrascale-memory-ip.pdf

Best regards,

kshimizu 

Product Application Engineer Xilinx Technical Support

-------------------------------------------------------

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.  Please Give Kudos.

-------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: DDR4 Calibration on multi controller design

I will work on the general checks like you mentioned.

I haven't tried example design, but for the same device under test my current design works well on Bank64 and doesn't work on Bank65.

When i try to address both Bank64 and Bank65 together at same time, Calibration fails on both the Banks(MIG's). Was there some setting i need to do in FPGA or in constraints file

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: DDR4 Calibration on multi controller design

I suggest you create IP example design which has only one controller and test it on board. That will help to identify whether the problem is related to hardward or not.

0 Kudos