UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

Looking for native user interface option in MIG 7 (Vivado) v2.3

Jump to solution

I am embarrassed to be asking such a basic question...  but for the life of me, I cannot find where or how to turn off AXI4 user interface in favour of the down-and-dirty 'native' interface.

Your help is greatly appreciated... but please be gentle with me!  :)

I'm running MIG 2.3 with Vivado 14.4.  Target design is a DDR3 (component) controller on a Kintex-7 device.

In the second screen of the MIG core generator wizard, the ENABLE AXI4 selection is checked and greyed out.

In case you haven't guessed, I am a long-time user of ISE, but a newbie with Vivado.

Thanks, in advance...

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Looking for native user interface option in MIG 7 (Vivado) v2.3

Jump to solution

Hi Bob,

Are you using MIG in block design?

The AXI4 will be enabled by default when adding to block design and cannot modify this as IPI designs works with Axi interfaces.

If you generated MIG using IP Catalog you will be able to see the option to enable or disable AXI4 interface option.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Bob,

Are you using MIG in block design?

The AXI4 will be enabled by default when adding to block design and cannot modify this as IPI designs works with Axi interfaces.

If you generated MIG using IP Catalog you will be able to see the option to enable or disable AXI4 interface option.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Bob,

To add, any existing IP that has AXI interface when placed in Vivado IPI BD by default comes with AXI as the client interface.

If in case for some reasons you do not want to use MIG with AXI interface then you can generate User/Native interface MIG in IP catalogue,  package it as custom IP and can bring into IPI

Please refer below UG for more details

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_4/ug1119-vivado-creating-packaging-ip-tutorial.pdf

-Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
Highlighted
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

Jump to solution

Thanks to both of you for quick and simple responses!

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos