UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Memory controller frequency

Hi, I'd like to solve some doubts about the working of the MIG. 

I'm using the kc705 board and a MIG in order to send commands to the DDR3 memory (the max frequency of the memory is 800 MHz). but I do not know the next:

1- If the max frequency of the memory of my board is 800 MHz, why can just the controller work at 1/4 or 1/2 of that frequency of the memory? why can not the controller work at 800MHz as the DDR3 memory does?

thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Memory controller frequency

Hello jose096

I think that the answer is in the PG150.  Could you please confirm it.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/ultrascale_memory_ip/v1_4/pg150-ultrascale-memory-ip.pdf

Best regards,

kshimizu

Product Application Engineer Xilinx Technical Support

-------------------------------------------------------

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.  Please Give Kudos.

ddr_phy.png
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Memory controller frequency

@jose09621 ,

PG150 is for UltraScale Architecture FPGAs Memory Product Guide. However in your case, you are using 7 Series Decease. Please refer to UG586. I think that following description is your answer.

Best regards,

kshimizu

Product Application Engineer Xilinx Technical Support

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.  Please Give Kudos.

phy.png
0 Kudos