UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor gopal_123
Visitor

Need a suggestion in selecting a micro SDIO card to Emulate SDIO host controller IP on Xilinx vcu118 kit

Hi All,

I want to test SDIO IP controller on xilinx vcu118 Emulation board with an Emulation peripheral daughter board ( on which there is micro SD slot to insert SDIO card)

For this, i need micro SDIO card. Can some one please suggest me a Micro SDIO card and where to get that?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Need a suggestion in selecting a micro SDIO card to Emulate SDIO host controller IP on Xilinx vcu118 kit

Hello @gopal_123,

SDIO is just an electrical interface standard, a slower and older one at that, for interfacing with the Secure Digital memory card format.  Most likely slower and less feature rich SDCards will be able to communicate over an SDIO interface.  You'll need to double check the clock rate, voltages, and basic setup/hold time parameters of the SDIO controller IP against the SDCard device data sheets.  There aren't many parameters so it should be rather quick.

Looking at the VC118 user guide in UG1124 it looks to be a standard 50MHz SD card interface from a Zynq-7000 device. However the SD card is used for the Zynq as part of the system controller. This isn't connected to the XCVU9P so you won't be able to communicate with it.

sd_card.PNG

Here's a link to the latest version of UG1224:
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/vcu118/ug1224-vcu118-eval-bd.pdf