UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer multiprobe
Observer

10G BASE Ethernet PCS/PMA for Kintex-7

Jump to solution

Hi,

I would like to know if the K70T Kintex boards support the ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma IP ( I have downloaded and activated the ceriticate license for this core). I am able to use the IP if I pick a Kintex-7 KC705 board, but only for board parts 160T and 325T, and not for the K70T. 

From the utilization chart, it looks like there should be no issues with implementing the core with the smallest, low priced Kintex-7 family FPGA. However, the IP doesnt show up on the catalog when that part is picked.

What is the reason that certain Kintex parts dont support this? The manual seems to mention it supports all of the Kintex-7 family.

Xilinx 10GbE IP Core on Kintex-7.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: 10G BASE Ethernet PCS/PMA for Kintex-7

Jump to solution

Hi

The supported families shown in the coregenerator are only devices where this core is supported.

It is not supported for other devices.

The package in use has to support 10G GT operation.  70T only has FBG packages which do not support 10G operation on GTs. 

Have a look at page 49 of the below doc where you will get this info.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds182_Kintex_7_Data_Sheet.pdf

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar kotir
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Have a look at the release notes

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/47698.htm

It says

Supported Devices in Latest v2.6 Core

• Virtex-6 HXT
  • Kintex-7 FFG packages -2L,-2,-3 speed grade
  • Virtex-7 -2L,-2,-3 speed grade

70T part does not have the ffg package. I believe this is the reason for not seeing the IP active .

Regards,

KR

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

The supported families shown in the coregenerator are only devices where this core is supported.

It is not supported for other devices.

The package in use has to support 10G GT operation.  70T only has FBG packages which do not support 10G operation on GTs. 

Have a look at page 49 of the below doc where you will get this info.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds182_Kintex_7_Data_Sheet.pdf

Regards,

Satish

0 Kudos