UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

2017.1 Bug Report: Clicking 10G/25G Ethernet Subsytem in IP catelog crashes Vivado

Highlighted
Visitor

2017.1 Bug Report: Clicking 10G/25G Ethernet Subsytem in IP catelog crashes Vivado

BUG Report! I've just installed Vivado 2017.1 and every time I try to double click on the 10G/25G Ethernet Subsystem in the IP catalog so that I can customize it and use it in my design Vivado completely crashes with no errors or warnings. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and using a Zynq Ultrascale+ Part.

Re: 2017.1 Bug Report: Clicking 10G/25G Ethernet Subsytem in IP catelog crashes Vivado

Hi @baf2099,

Can you please attach the log and the journal files?

Since the 10G/25G Ethernet Subsytem IP is a purchased IP, try installing it again and restart the tool. If this does not help, give as much information and files mentioned in AR#55854 :https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/55854.html for further reporting, as is non design tool crash in supported OS.

Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Thanks a lot,
prathikm

-- Please mark the appropriate answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
-- Give 'Kudos' to a post which you think is useful and reply oriented.
Visitor

Re: 2017.1 Bug Report: Clicking 10G/25G Ethernet Subsytem in IP catelog crashes Vivado

Hi, I just run'd into the same issue with Vivado2017.1 on Windows 10 Pro 64 bits. Vivado basically closes without any error message as soon as I try to customize the Ethernet 25G Subsystem. 

Xilinx Employee

Hello @baf2099, Hello @mlefebvre_em,

In relation to this issue, we have seen this happening for a few users so far. This problem is not re-producible internally in Xilinx, however a few customers have reported this crash. A tactical patch was created for this and will be provided to you via email of the Service Request that was opened for each of you on your behalf.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli