UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor davee
Visitor

Aurora 64B/66B RTL Implementation

Jump to solution

Hi.

I am wondering if anyone has synthesised and implemented an Aurora core for
an Ultrascale device using the RTL code instead of .dcp files. (Vivado 2016.2)?

I have tried to do this but I am unable to synthesise the fifo_generator_v13_1_1 component
that is used within the Aurora IP. This is because it uses encrypted IP and I get the
following error:

ERROR:[Synth 8-5809] Error generated from encrypted envelope.

This is when I use the encrypted files provided for synthesis:
fifo_generator_v13_1_vhsyn_rfs.vhd
fifo_generator_v13_1.vhd

If I do not provide these files, then I can get a synthesised design that has
blackboxes for fifo_generator_v13_1_1 components, but these then cause the
implementation to fail?

I need to know how I can either synthesise fifo_generator_v13_1_1 or
how do I replace the blackbox during implementation.

(I should mention that I can successfully synthesise/implement the Aurora
core using .dcp files, however I want to be able to modify the RTL design, hence the
need to be able to build from RTL.)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor davee
Visitor

Re: Aurora 64B/66B RTL Implementation

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply zheny.

I have now solved the problem by generating .dcp files at the level in the code hierarchy, for the modules

that incorporate  the fifo_generator_v13_1_1 module. In the Ultrascale Aurora core, fifo_generator_v13_1_1 gets

used in modules user_defined_name_fifo_gen_master and user_defined_name_fifo_gen_slave. In my naming convention

the modules are aurora_64b66b_12lane_fifo_gen_master and aurora_64b66b_12lane_fifo_gen_slave. I have generated

.dcp modules for these modules; aurora_64b66b_12lane_fifo_gen_master.dcp and aurora_64b66b_12lane_fifo_gen_slave.dcp.

This now allows me to synthesise the individual RTL files used in my design, and use the above .dcp files during implementation.

I now do not need to use the top-level Aurora aurora_64b66b_12lane.dcp file to build my design, and now have the ability to 

edit/synthesise the RTL if required.

If you have no need to edit the RTL code, and can use the Aurora core generated by IP Catalog, then I would recommend that the top-level .dcp file provided by the tools is used.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi 

Could you try to set the file to the following library?

1 blk_mem_gen_v8_3_vhsyn_rfs.vhd        blk_mem_gen_v8_3_3
2 blk_mem_gen_v8_3.vhd                        blk_mem_gen_v8_3_3
3 fifo_generator_v13_1_vhsyn_rfs.vhd     fifo_generator_v13_1_1
4 fifo_generator_v13_1.vhd                      fifo_generator_v13_1_1

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

Visitor davee
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply zheny.

I have now solved the problem by generating .dcp files at the level in the code hierarchy, for the modules

that incorporate  the fifo_generator_v13_1_1 module. In the Ultrascale Aurora core, fifo_generator_v13_1_1 gets

used in modules user_defined_name_fifo_gen_master and user_defined_name_fifo_gen_slave. In my naming convention

the modules are aurora_64b66b_12lane_fifo_gen_master and aurora_64b66b_12lane_fifo_gen_slave. I have generated

.dcp modules for these modules; aurora_64b66b_12lane_fifo_gen_master.dcp and aurora_64b66b_12lane_fifo_gen_slave.dcp.

This now allows me to synthesise the individual RTL files used in my design, and use the above .dcp files during implementation.

I now do not need to use the top-level Aurora aurora_64b66b_12lane.dcp file to build my design, and now have the ability to 

edit/synthesise the RTL if required.

If you have no need to edit the RTL code, and can use the Aurora core generated by IP Catalog, then I would recommend that the top-level .dcp file provided by the tools is used.

0 Kudos