UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer mattwaltz
Observer

Aurora Chip2Chip Config Error?

Jump to solution

Hello, I am using the AXI Chip2Chip core in tandem with the Aurora 64/66B core. I am detecting 'channel up' and 'lane up' across all lanes from the Aurora core, and no other error statuses from the Aurora core. However, the Chip2Chip core outputs a 'config_error' status, and never asserts the Chip2Chip link. I have checked that the ID and USER widths are the same in both the slave and the master.

What could be causing the Chip2Chip core to be outputting a configuration error? According to the FSM, it's only when the slave doesn't respond with some "pattern" within a set amount of time. However, the Aurora core says that the channel is up? Could it potentially be a wire length issue or something odd like that?

The Aurora Link is rated at 5Gb/sec with 3 Lanes. The hardware is more than capable of supporting this.

Any advice or description of what can cause a configuration error would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer mattwaltz
Observer

Re: Aurora Chip2Chip Config Error?

Jump to solution

I solved this by setting up an ILA on both the receive/transmit sides of the Aurora link, and the same on the other board. I noticed that the data was shifted; because I was using 3 lanes, lane 1 data was going into lane 3, and lane 3 data into lane 1. Simply swapping the lane wire connections allows everything to work. I blame whoever wrote the pinout documentation for the board I am working with.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Observer mattwaltz
Observer

Re: Aurora Chip2Chip Config Error?

Jump to solution

I solved this by setting up an ILA on both the receive/transmit sides of the Aurora link, and the same on the other board. I noticed that the data was shifted; because I was using 3 lanes, lane 1 data was going into lane 3, and lane 3 data into lane 1. Simply swapping the lane wire connections allows everything to work. I blame whoever wrote the pinout documentation for the board I am working with.

0 Kudos