UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie szorzetti

Aurora Latency

Hello,

I am using the Aurora IP 64B/66B v7.3.

According to the manual the maximum latency for GTX trancevers is 37 USER_CLK. I have done the simulation suggested in the chapter 6 of the same manual, I have simulated the _exdes esample, and the related test bench, the result that I get is 50 USER_CLK, as you can see on the attached picture.

simulation latency.png

Do you have any idea why on the simulationI don't get the same result of the manual?

Thank you,

Silvia

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Aurora Latency

Hi,

Kindly check the latest user guide, it is mentioned 53 clock cycles latency for simulation, page 11

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/aurora_64b66b/v9_2/pg074-aurora-64b66b.pdf

--Krishna

0 Kudos

Re: Aurora Latency

The latency value specified in the documentation is for the default configuration. If any additional blocks (Ex: CRC) are enabled, latency could increase.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos