UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

JESD204 minimal line rate

Highlighted
Visitor

JESD204 minimal line rate

Hello Xilinx Community,

this is my first post and I hope i got into the right forum. Thank you all in advance for your help.

At my company an ADC design is pending that must use a JESD204b Subclass 0 interface. To interface with the ADC a Xilinx XC7K70T is proposed. The line rates are somewhat low between 300 Mbps and 600 Mbps depending on the final configuration.

I have now read in the JESD204 LogiCore IP Guide that a minimal line rate of 1Gbps is mandatory. I am not familiar with FPGA design but it is critical for me to evaluate whether it is possible to configure the JESD204 Core to work with lower line rates.

Is that possible? What are the reasons behind the restricition of at least 1 Gbps line rates?

Kind Regards,

Bernhard

Contributor

Re: JESD204 minimal line rate

I would also be interested in the answer.

In my understanding the JESD204B core is pure logic, therefor it should run at any speed. But there might be a minimal line rate limit given by the MGT transceiver.

Hi

Yes transceivers do have a min line rate of 500Mbps.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
Visitor

Hello Satish,

thank you for your reply.

If the receivers do have a minimal line rate of 500Mbps, why is the JESD204b interface restricted to 1Gbps?

Is there a possibility to perform oversampling to accomplish lower line rates or use HP I/Os instead of the GTX ones?

Regards,

Bernhard

Xilinx Employee

I would imagine a limit set in the IP.