UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer tobias_w
Observer

JESD204B RX example design

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I want to implement a JESD204B reciever design in VIVADO 2016.3. Therefore I create a JESD204B IP-core with the settings:

L = 1, F = 2, K = 32 , SYSREF off and SCR off. I used right click on the block with "open IP example design". To understand which signals the IP core need for simulation I run the example design simulation for 100 µs. After all register writes are done at the beginning of the simulation and a 0x1 was written in the reset register (0x004) the IP-core doesn´t leave the reset state.  Here is a screenshot of the simulation:

example_sim.PNG

There is still a 0x00000001 in the 0x004 register. Can you tell me whats going wrong and how I can fix it?

Best Regards

Tobias_w

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: JESD204B RX example design

Jump to solution

My first steps to get familiar with JESD204 Xilinx IP core 7.0 was also via pg066 and Example Design. I used Vivado 2016.1 to generate Example Design for RX JESD204B and the simulation runs OK for me. My first problem with Example Design was similar to yours. I just need to run simulation for longer time. 100us is to short to finish JESD synchronization and connection. Extending simulation time (e.g. to 10ms) make my JESD204 Example Design simulation run to end with "Test passed" message.

p.s.

We just developed HW, FPGA and SW with AD9680-500 JESD204B ADC with z7035 and it is working OK. Behavior on real HW (link connection, status signals, data, ...) is the same as simulation shows, so I strongly suggest you to get familiar with all JESD204 Example Design is doing (synchronization, simulation of link data, ...). It is good example design.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
you can find some example design here
https://www.xilinx.com/member/jesd204_eval.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Observer tobias_w
Observer

Jump to solution

Hello Balkrishan,

thanks for your post. I knew this link and the example designs. In the product guide of the JESD204 IP-core (PG066) is written that the simple example design is a good start for implementation. I already want to start with this. So can you tell me why the reciever core didn´t came out of the reset state?

Best Regards

Tobias_w

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

My first steps to get familiar with JESD204 Xilinx IP core 7.0 was also via pg066 and Example Design. I used Vivado 2016.1 to generate Example Design for RX JESD204B and the simulation runs OK for me. My first problem with Example Design was similar to yours. I just need to run simulation for longer time. 100us is to short to finish JESD synchronization and connection. Extending simulation time (e.g. to 10ms) make my JESD204 Example Design simulation run to end with "Test passed" message.

p.s.

We just developed HW, FPGA and SW with AD9680-500 JESD204B ADC with z7035 and it is working OK. Behavior on real HW (link connection, status signals, data, ...) is the same as simulation shows, so I strongly suggest you to get familiar with all JESD204 Example Design is doing (synchronization, simulation of link data, ...). It is good example design.

0 Kudos