UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor bizertinno
Visitor

Signal REM_US signification in CRC ip

Hi all,

I'm working with coregen with crc wizard. When running simulation scenarios for  the crc32 ip with isim, I found that verying REM_US signal value affect the crc data_ds which is the result. I have read the data sheet ug189 where signals are well explained but I m still confused with REM_US exact role, can any one tell me what REM_US does exactly ?

Thanks all

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Signal REM_US signification in CRC ip

Hi

The REM signal is used the number of valid bytes in the last packet of the frame.

So if your lenght of the frame is not a multiple of the datawidth this signal is used to indicate the valid bytes in the last packet.

So depending on this signal as the total number of bytes input to the core vary and so the CRC and data out also varies.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos