UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Two CPRI cores in the same GTX? xc7z030ffg676-2

Jump to solution

I am new to CPRI. We are designing a board with a xc7z030ffg676-2. We need *two* CPRI blocs, one slave and one master. I have customized the example design, and used
Figure 4-15: Common Block Sharing Across Two CPRI Cores, page 123 of PG056 (October 4, 2017).

My design does not compile with the following error:
[DRC MDRV-1] Multiple Driver Nets:
Net Ucpri_block/cpri_master/U0/cpri_i/cpri_i/aux_sync_i/remote_lof[2] has multiple drivers:
Ucpri_block/cpri_slave/U0/cpri_i/cpri_i/aux_sync_i/aux_rx_cw_alarms_vote_reg[2]/Q, and
Ucpri_block/cpri_master/U0/cpri_i/cpri_i/aux_sync_i/aux_rx_cw_alarms_vote_reg[2]/Q.

It seems that the error is inside the cpri_v8_7_3 that is locked in the design.

I have also looked at the XAPP1132 "CPRI Multi-Hop Reference Design", but I am not sure it can help (older version, different component, ...)

Thank you in advance

PS. It is not clear to me what the "core support layer" option is. If I try to reconfigure one CPRI-core, I only see an option about "Shared Logic".

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Two CPRI cores in the same GTX? xc7z030ffg676-2

Jump to solution

Solved: my design is far from being complete (a few signals are undriven), but at least it compiles. The point was to synthesise the CPRI cores as "Global" and not "Out of context per IP". I presume the common resources were not correctly shared?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

core support layer contains shared logic. CPRI GUI contains two options :

1. Include shared logic in the core -> The generated top level is core support layer

2. Include shared logic in the example design -> The generate top level of CPRI doesn't have shared logic. you can only see shared logic after you open IP example design.

If you want to have two CPRIs in the same design, you can generate one CPRI with shared logic, the other not.

From the error message, it looks that remote_lof isn't connected properly, can you show me how you connect this signal in your design?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you xud.

I will try to generate one CPRI with shared logic (I had both without).

I cannot show you the remote_lof signal in my design, because it is inside the cpri_i instance of cpri_v8_7_3, which is locked (encrypted?).

I will tell you...

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have changed one CPRI to "include shared logic in core". I have rewritten part of the design. I admit it is cleaner, but it does not compile either. The error is essentially the same:

[DRC MDRV-1] Multiple Driver Nets:
Net Ucpri_block/Ucpri_slave/U0/cpri_block_i/cpri_i/cpri_i/aux_sync_i/remote_lof[2] has multiple drivers:
Ucpri_block/Ucpri_slave/U0/cpri_block_i/cpri_i/cpri_i/aux_sync_i/aux_rx_cw_alarms_vote_reg[2]/Q, and
Ucpri_block/Ucpri_master/U0/cpri_i/cpri_i/aux_sync_i/aux_rx_cw_alarms_vote_reg[2]/Q.

By the way my Vivado (2017.2) contains CPRI 8.7, and I was reading the documentation for 8.8, so I will upgrade to Vivado 2017.4.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Solved: my design is far from being complete (a few signals are undriven), but at least it compiles. The point was to synthesise the CPRI cores as "Global" and not "Out of context per IP". I presume the common resources were not correctly shared?

0 Kudos