UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

ZCU102 - PetaLinux on A53, BM on R5 - Where Are OpenAMP instructions That Work

Highlighted
Visitor

ZCU102 - PetaLinux on A53, BM on R5 - Where Are OpenAMP instructions That Work

Hello,

I am trying to run PetaLinux on the A53 side and -any- BM app on one of the R5 cores.

I have been trying for a couple of days with no success.

I have read through many of the User Guides as well as the OpenAMP framework for Zynq devices

"Getting Started Guide" (UG1186)... however even that does not make sense to me. For example, on page

9 it states...

"For more information on the echo test application, see the relevant source code in the PetaLinux BSP"

1. There is no real thing such as a "Petalinux BSP" so I have no clue what Zynq is trying to say here.

2. I have search the distro for "rpmsg_echo_test_kern_app". It is not in components/modules.

It is in tools/hsm/data/embeddedsw/ThirdParty/sw_services/openmap_v1_1/src/open-amp/obsolete/apps/echo_test/system/linux/kernelspace/*

I suppose my question is for Zynq...

Where are the instructions that actually work please? The ones that actually make sense?

I have read in the blog where folks have followed these instructions and they work.

It is so easy to prove this cannot be true.

Thanks,

Zymq

Participant

Re: ZCU102 - PetaLinux on A53, BM on R5 - Where Are OpenAMP instructions That Work

Xilinx Employee

Re: ZCU102 - PetaLinux on A53, BM on R5 - Where Are OpenAMP instructions That Work

Were you able to get this working?  

For 2017.3 release, we updated UG1186 and we also cleaned up the source code and comments quite a bit.  Would you please let us know if these updates are helpful?

Thanks

Dave