UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

where can I find "image_echo_test" source code of bare metal?

Hi, all

when I test the demo echo_test of BSP, I only find the binary file of bare metal , named "image_echo_test", where can I find "image_echo_test" source code of bare metal? I want to develop myself application of bare metal, so I need to refer to the "image_echo_test" source code.

who can give me some hints, Thank you very much

Tom

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: where can I find "image_echo_test" source code of bare metal?

check page number 19

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_1/ug1186-zynq-openamp-gsg.pdf
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: where can I find "image_echo_test" source code of bare metal?

Hi, Balkrishan

Thanks for your reply.

I read page number 19 of this document, the contents is below:

Booting on Hardware
After a successful build, you can run the PetaLinux project on hardware. Follow these
procedures to boot OpenAMP on a board.
Setting Up the Board
1. Connect the board to your computer, and ensure that it is powered on.
2. Program the relevant bitstreams to the board. Ensure that it is using RTL v5.2; this must
be done separately from PetaLinux.
3. If the board is connected to a remote system, start the hw_server on the remote
system.
4. Open a console terminal and connect it to UART on the board.
Downloading the Images
1. Navigate to the PetaLinux directory:
cd <master_root>
2. Run the PetaLinux boot:
° Using a remote system:
petalinux-boot --jtag --kernel --hw_server-url <remote_system>
° Using a local system:
petalinux-boot --jtag --kernel
TIP: If you encounter any issues append –v to the above commands to see the textual output

maybe I am such stupid, I can't find any information about the source code of image_echo_test.

can you give me more detail information? Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Observer jiandahao
Observer

回复: where can I find "image_echo_test" source code of bare metal?

You can refer to the OpenAMP Frameware from Github(https://github.com/OpenAMP/open-amp) ,and you can find the source code at apps\echo_test\system\generic\remote.

Hope it'll help.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,jiandahao

Thanks for your reply,I have download the "open_amp_master" from Github(https://github.com/OpenAMP/open-amp) a few days ago, there are two echo_test.c file which located in open_amp_master/apps/echo_test/echo_test.c and open_amp_master/obsolete/apps/echo_test/system/linux/userspace/echo_test.c.I think open_amp_master/apps/echo_test/echo_test.c file is for bare metal.when I porting this file to xlinx SDK project, compiled it, there are some errors. I found the xlinx SDK open_amp library is not compatible to the open_amp_master/apps/echo_test/echo_test.c. they are not the same version. because some important function have different parameters.so I want to find out the source code of image_echo_test.

Thanks again for your help

Tom

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi, all

who can help me, I am waiting on line!!!

0 Kudos
Visitor ssortais
Visitor

The image_echo_test in petalinux bsp are pre-built image for you to try. The source code corresponding to those binaries is provided as templates in the Xilinx SDK when building a new application.
0 Kudos
Visitor thebied
Visitor

I had the same issue.

I think this is what you are looking for:

https://github.com/Xilinx/meta-openamp/tree/rel-v2018.2/recipes-openamp/rpmsg-examples