UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor jackwan
Visitor

2D barcode isn't traceable on Xilinx website

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have one Virtex 7 FPGA isn’t traceable on Xilinx website. The 2D barcode has been attached. It can be read by barcode reader, the value is XK9NGTHAX1800020. The part number should be XC7VX485TFFG1930-2I, as it has ‘2I’ mark on the package.

But Xilinx website doesn’t give any information and asked me to contact FAE, shown below.

*This FPGA card has much higher error rate on PCIE communication than our other cards. But other FPGA cards are traceable on Xilinx website.

Could you please explain the situation and give information of this FPGA?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Jack

xilinx.jpgIMG_2489.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2D barcode isn't traceable on Xilinx website

Jump to solution

Hello @jackwan ,

Please note that -2I is just an indication that this is "I” (Industrial) temperature grade, and the speed grade is -2. In ISE and Vivado, XC parts have no temperature grade, so it is implied as I/C. Devices introduced in Vivado later than the 7 series devices (i.e. UltraScale and UltraScale+ device etc.) will show "I", "E" and "C" temperature grade parts separately in the part selection. Also in XA and XQ we have I/M and I/Q explicitly called out.

The backend tool support to show "I", "E" and "C" temperature grade parts separately was not completed for devices up to and including the 7 Series device family and only the devices introduced in Vivado later than the 7 series devices will show "I", "E" and "C" temperature grade parts separately.

Hence, for your "XC" device selection of either "I","E" or "C" temperature grade, you should set the Temp Grade field to "Any" (default) and set the part. That means you have to select the commercial device in Vivado.

So in your case, choosing XC7VX485TFFG1930-2 with C-Grade will cover the XC7VX485TFFG1930-2 with I-Grade.

I hope this is clear.

BTW, in relation to your 2Dbarcode not found issue, please raise this issue with 2DBarecodeHelp@xilinx.com . They should be able to help here.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello @jackwan ,

Please note that -2I is just an indication that this is "I” (Industrial) temperature grade, and the speed grade is -2. In ISE and Vivado, XC parts have no temperature grade, so it is implied as I/C. Devices introduced in Vivado later than the 7 series devices (i.e. UltraScale and UltraScale+ device etc.) will show "I", "E" and "C" temperature grade parts separately in the part selection. Also in XA and XQ we have I/M and I/Q explicitly called out.

The backend tool support to show "I", "E" and "C" temperature grade parts separately was not completed for devices up to and including the 7 Series device family and only the devices introduced in Vivado later than the 7 series devices will show "I", "E" and "C" temperature grade parts separately.

Hence, for your "XC" device selection of either "I","E" or "C" temperature grade, you should set the Temp Grade field to "Any" (default) and set the part. That means you have to select the commercial device in Vivado.

So in your case, choosing XC7VX485TFFG1930-2 with C-Grade will cover the XC7VX485TFFG1930-2 with I-Grade.

I hope this is clear.

BTW, in relation to your 2Dbarcode not found issue, please raise this issue with 2DBarecodeHelp@xilinx.com . They should be able to help here.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Visitor jackwan
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks Anatoli for answering and your answer is clear!

I have raised 2D barcode issue to the email address.

0 Kudos