cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mirkotech
Observer
Observer

Any 44-pin IO FPGA with add-on RAM modules support - recommended?

Hello!

I'm serching for any FPGA which features at least 44-pin IO and has socket for RAM modules.

Nothing more, nothing less, but problem can be price - I'm searching for anything in range 200-250 EUR.

RAM modules format is not important, important is ability to support up to 4GB RAM.

Can anybody recommend me any FPGA?

I'm still newbie and searching on the web is for me hard.

Thank you for all.

Miro

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bruce_karaffa
Scholar
Scholar

Are you looking for an FPGA or an FPGA board?

0 Kudos
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@mirkotech,

I would like to suggest the Artix-7 100T FPGA.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos
u4223374
Advisor
Advisor

I don't think that such a thing exists. Sockets for RAM tend to be pretty uncommon on FPGA development kits, especially in the lower-cost section of the market.

You might be able to do it with a custom PCB and something like the Enclustra Mars XU3. Most of the cheap FPGA development kits don't have any reasonably high-speed interfaces available (eg. 0.1" headers, which definitely won't be good for >500MHz RAM) but the XU3's DIMM interface might manage it. Still leaves you with the challenge of designing a PCB and getting it built.

0 Kudos
mirkotech
Observer
Observer

Ok, I found this:

MPSoC Module with Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ ZU2EG-1E, 2 GByte DDR4, 4 x 5 cm, LP

Look here

This features 2GB DDR4 RAM and has available expandable e.MMC memory which is even non-volatile.

I think from features it has enough IO  for my req'd 44-pin IO.

And only for 340 EUR.

My Q goes here (really I'm newbie): Is possible to use e.MMC as RAM? No matter of speed. Or at least swap RAM content with e.MMC?

If I write anywhere mistake, please correct me.

Thank you for your patience.

0 Kudos