Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
e-gore
Observer
Observer

DSP48 use of P when PCOUT is used, size of PCIN AND PCOUT

Jump to solution

Hey community,

I want to cascade DSP48 slices. But what happens with the regular P output when I cascade with the PCOUT. Just put it on a signal and never use it?

Furthermore, is there a possibility to set the size of PCIN and PCOUT? The wizard choose every time the maximum size of 48 bits which I would like to avoid.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awillen
Mentor
Mentor

I want to cascade DSP48 slices. But what happens with the regular P output when I cascade with the PCOUT. Just put it on a signal and never use it?

If you don't need it, just ignore it.

Furthermore, is there a possibility to set the size of PCIN and PCOUT? The wizard choose every time the maximum size of 48 bits which I would like to avoid.

No, PCOUT is routed directly to the next PCIN, there's no way to manipulate or read it.

Please google your question before asking it.
If someone answers your question, mark the post with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
awillen
Mentor
Mentor

If you don't need it, just ignore it.

No, PCOUT is routed directly to the next PCIN, there's no way to manipulate or read it.

Please google your question before asking it.
If someone answers your question, mark the post with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left).

View solution in original post

pedro_uno
Advisor
Advisor
On the other hand, if you want to access the value on PCOUT, the P output is still available and should have exactly the same value.
----------------------------------------
DSP in hardware and software
-----------------------------------------
0 Kudos