UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: [PlanAhead 12-727] Error: Multiple ChipScope ICON cores detected during netlist scan

Hi,

I want to instance two ILA in different source file.

When I only copy two "ICON + ILA" in code, there is an error. As topic shows.

Does it mean, for one project, only one ICON can be instanced?

How to instance multipy ILA in project?

Thanks.

Jie

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ERROR: [PlanAhead 12-727] Error: Multiple ChipScope ICON cores detected during netlist scan

you can have multiple ILA / VIO cores but only 1 ICON is needed to communicated over JTAG. Does 1 ICON work for you?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Re: ERROR: [PlanAhead 12-727] Error: Multiple ChipScope ICON cores detected during netlist scan

Hi Jheslip,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean in my codes, only one module instance ICON, while ILAs are instanced in different other modules?

Then my concern is how to define the CONTROL[35:0] in the moudle that only include ILA.

I will try later...

0 Kudos
Participant mwerner2000
Participant

Dear sunje,

I would recommend not instantiating the ILA cores manually in your design and instead use Planaheads Debug feature to add the ILA cores. Planahead takes care of generating and connecting the ICON automatically.

Best regards,

Martin

0 Kudos