cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

GUI for SDK Application - ZedBoard ??

I am wondering how could I create GUI in SDK to display the status of status registers ? 

I have implemented a simple project, in which I am reading data from DRAM connected to ARM host in Zedboard and then I am transferring the data to Block RAM using AXI CDMA which is configured by the ARM host. I am using XMD terminal for read and write operation. Is it possible to make a GUI for this purpose, such that by clicking on a button I can transfer data ?  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sampatd
Scholar
Scholar

I do not think you can create your own GUI in SDK; however, you can possibly write an XMD tcl file to achieve your goal.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just want to make it clear for my understanding that CPU (ARM) can be configured for read-write operations in two ways, one by using XMD terminal and other by writing software in the SDK. If I want to perform a task over and over again then I only need to describe it in the C program in the SDK. But do I need to connect my ZedBoard to Vivado SDK all the time ? Is it possible to download the elf file to the ROM, which means at every powerup the C program will execute to configure the CPU to perform read-write operations ? 

0 Kudos
sampatd
Scholar
Scholar

Yes, you need to connect your board to SDK.

You can create a boot image (comprising of your application and bit file if using PL sections) and store it in an external memory such as flash or SD card. You can then set the bootmode pins on zedboard to boot from this device and power on the board to execute the application automatically.

http://www.xilinx.com/video/soc/create-zynq-boot-image-using-xilinx-sdk.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

Consider a case in which we make an application in C# to command and receive data from the Sparteran 6 FPGA. This provide GUI to configure, start and stop the data accusition.  

In case of Zynq, I am wondering how to make a GUI on the top of the firmware and software in SDK ? Which provide an oppertunity to instruct the CPU and also to configure the PL side of the Zynq Device.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

any idea ? 

0 Kudos