UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer anurag18
Observer

Inout port connection

Hi all, I am new with this zynq. I have one IP with one inout port. I want to connect this inout port to TPG, but it is not connecting to TPG or any other IP. I read some posts related to inout connections(using IOBUF etc) , but still dont know how to connect. The IP name is slave fifo 2b_fpga_top1212 and fdata_out is the inout port. please find the block design. please help with this issue
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Inout port connection

hi,

can you share the snapshot of the system? this is not shown with the post.'

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you are making it EXTERNAL in BD. 

Did you try connecting that port to other IP? As Hem said, share the snapshot.

Thanks,
Yash

0 Kudos
Observer anurag18
Observer

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply,

I tried it connecting to other IP but its not connecting.

I am attaching the screenshot just check it once.

Thanks,

Anurag

fdata_out.png
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per functionality I am not sure where and how you wanted this signal/pin should be connected to other logic/IP.

But generic flow when you select any IP pin for connection the other IP pins where it's legal to make connection get highlighted. You can see green color tick on those pins. Are you able to see any? 

Thanks,
Yash

0 Kudos
Observer anurag18
Observer

Hi,

Thanks yash,

I know that it will highlight the pin to green color. But is not showing anything like that.

I have some questions.

1. Is it possible to connect inout port of an IP to  input or output port of any other IP?

-----Coz in my design it is not connecting to any other port.

2. Or we can connect inout port to inout port only?

-------- I tried connecting the inout port of my IP to inout port of other IP, that time it is connecting.

Please help with this.

Thanks

anurag

0 Kudos
Observer keisn13
Observer

Hi.
Did you try connect your inout port "fdata_out[15:0]" to out port "m_axis_video_tdata[15:0]"?
If yes, you crazy :)

It is not possible to create inout port inside fpga, only if it is not connected to fpga pads (with iobuf primitive). You need create two separated ports in and out for "fdata_out[15:0]".
0 Kudos
Observer anurag18
Observer

Hi ,

Thanks for the help keisn13,

So we cannot have inout port inside FPGA.

Is it like that I cannot connect my inout port to any other IP ports??

And finally I want to make the inout port external, do I need to instantiate IOBUF primitive in main module?

I dont know much about inout port and IOBUF.

Please help.

Thanks

Anurag

0 Kudos