Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arevhamb
Visitor
Visitor

KC705 ddr2 support

Hi,

Does anybody have experience in supporting DDR2 with SO-DIMM socket on KC705 evaluation board.

DDR2 requires power supply to be 1.8V. I have tried to increase power supply voltage (which is 1,5V by default for the support of DDR3) to be 1.8V, programming power controller from TI, responsible for formation of power rails, but the highest value I was able to get was 1.6V.

I am using TI USB-to-GPIO adapter, and TI Fusion Power Designer software, to program the voltage levels.

Thank you in advance,

Arevik

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jheslip
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I am not aware of anyone doing DDR2 on the KC705. the only way to adjust the rails is with the TI cable so if that is limiting to 1.6v then that's the max. What is the VIH MIN for the DDR2 module you want to use? if t is less than 1.6V then it could work.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

No DDR2 not supported for KC705 board
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
arevhamb
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you for your answers.

I guess the problem is in the power controller, which checks for the output voltage to be in some limits. 

Is there a way to increase the limits, so that it will be possible to have voltage higher than 1.6V? I checked the schematics fro the KC705 board, and seems, the VCC1V5_FPGA power rail is used only for the Banks 32, 33, 34 and LCD, so it should not damage any internal circuits.

Thanks,

Arevik

0 Kudos
jheslip
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

There is no supported way that I am aware of. You could rework the board for this test and supply your own 1.8V from a bench supply.
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos