Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gallaghers
Visitor
Visitor

Legacy Node-locked IP License Use

Jump to solution
I have an old design (Virtex 4) I'm trying to migrate to a new development machine. Most of the IP cores are licensed locally just fine, but there are 3 IP cores in the XPS design that have node-locked licenses. I've found the license files, so I may be able to turn the old computer into a license server, I'm not sure. I would like to avoid this if possible due to the old development machine being very old with its stability in question.

The old machine is RHEL 4 and the new machine is Windows 10 using ISE 14.7

The IP cores in question are
  • OPB UART 16550 1.00.d
  • OPB IIC 1.02.a
  • APU FPU 3.00.a
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
barriet
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This is probably a better question for the install/licensing board - maybe a mod can move it.

I wouldn't expect an existing node-locked license to work as a floating license - you may have to regenerate these license.

I'm not sure about the very old opb_uart and opb_iic but you should be able to get the apu_fpu licenses here:
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66733.html (14.7 Licensing - Free EDK IP hardware licenses that came with the installation expired on 2016/01/30)

Cheer,
bt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
barriet
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This is probably a better question for the install/licensing board - maybe a mod can move it.

I wouldn't expect an existing node-locked license to work as a floating license - you may have to regenerate these license.

I'm not sure about the very old opb_uart and opb_iic but you should be able to get the apu_fpu licenses here:
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66733.html (14.7 Licensing - Free EDK IP hardware licenses that came with the installation expired on 2016/01/30)

Cheer,
bt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
barriet
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Also note that ISE 14.7 does not natively support Win10 - you need a VM or other work-around - there are quite a few threads on that topic.

0 Kudos
gallaghers
Visitor
Visitor

Seems to work. There's a CPLD design from the same year I can compile and generate the programming file fine. I thought I saw something about a later update supporting Win10

0 Kudos
gallaghers
Visitor
Visitor

Ok thanks!

0 Kudos
gallaghers
Visitor
Visitor

"I'm not sure about the very old opb_uart and opb_iic but you should be able to get the apu_fpu licenses here:
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66733.html (14.7 Licensing - Free EDK IP hardware licenses that came with the installation expired on 2016/01/30)"

It looks like the IP core license I need is for the apu_fpu_v2, so unfortunately that license wasn't accepted.

0 Kudos
barriet
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I see the apu_fpu_v2 license entry in the Xilinx_EDK_Data.lic file from the AR I referenced above. There's a few of them (apu_fpu...) so you might have missed it.

0 Kudos
gallaghers
Visitor
Visitor

You're right, I had to restart everything thanks. Ultimately I need to find non-eval licenses for all 3 but thanks for pointing me to this

0 Kudos