UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Junction Temperature for XC7Z100-1FF900I

Can someone help me find the maximum junction temperature for XC7Z100-1FF900I?

thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Maximum Junction Temperature for XC7Z100-1FF900I

Absolute maximum or operating? The former is 125C (Tj)

For I (industrial grade) temp parts like this one, the latter (operating) is 100C (Tj)....

See pages 2 and 4 of the datasheet: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds191-XC7Z030-XC7Z045-data-sheet.pdf

Cheers,

bt

0 Kudos

What do you mean by Absolute maximum? Is this mentioned somewhere on the datasheet?

If you can explain me and let me know the corresponding temperatures for the following, that would be very helpful.

1. Absolute maximum Temperature

2. Storage Temperature

3. Operating Temperature

Thanks,

Aditi

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

did you look at the reference above
what numbers are not in there you need ?
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you are looking for definitions, I think they are fairly standard terms in the semiconductor industry...

But operating temperature applies to the device operation where it is expected to work...e.g. go above 100C junction for an I temperature part and you might get errors (e.g. you are past the timing margin analysis) Of course, you could be sitting on some voltage and process margin - so you might not.... But no guarantees.

Go further beyond absolute maximum means you could you permanently damage the device if exceeded.

Storage is always higher than absolute maximum in my experience because the device isn't powered and isn't under the associated electrical stress.

Scholar watari
Scholar

Hi aditi.randev@ngc.com 

> 1. Absolute maximum Temperature

If you use FPGA over this temperature, FPGA is broken by overheat issue.

> 2. Storage Temperature

You must store FPGA under this temperature. If over it, FPGA is broken by this issue.

> 3. Operating Temperature

It literally means FPGA must operate under this temperature. If over it, FPGA malfunction.

Do you understand my mentioned ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos