cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

PLB support in kintex7 FPGA even using AXI-PLB bridge how to connect custom ip core to PLB bus in kintex7(xck7325FFG900

Jump to solution

I created a design in xilinx EDK 14.4 

Design was like :
microblaze interface with AXI bus to AXI-PLB 4.4 bridge(ipcore) to PLB44 , I want to connect to the custom ip core which has PLB interface  and porting on to kintex- 7 (XCK7325ffg900) FPGA custom board.

problem: If iam trying to create custom peripheral wizard  Iam getting the option of  creating the peripheral using  AXIlite/AXI interconnect/AXI burst transfer only, where my requirement is to connect to the  PLB bus only where my custom ip core has PLB interface only.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

You might have to create a design with PLBv46 interface(Target an older device - V5), Generate your IP with PLBv46 interface using CIP Wizard. Copy the pcores of V5 design into K7 design pcores folder. Check your IP in the User Repository. Right Click over the IP and add into the design. 

Let me know how this goes.

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

You might have to create a design with PLBv46 interface(Target an older device - V5), Generate your IP with PLBv46 interface using CIP Wizard. Copy the pcores of V5 design into K7 design pcores folder. Check your IP in the User Repository. Right Click over the IP and add into the design. 

Let me know how this goes.

--Hem

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer
Thanks for your quick reply, as soon as i get the solution, i will post you the same on this, anyway
Thank you very much
0 Kudos