cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coolkidai

Regarding surface marking problem of PN# XCR3064XL-10VQG44I

We recently meet a complaint from our customer about the surface marking of part XCR3064XL-10VQG44I. They found that there is a rectangular mark on the corner, as shown in the picture:

questionable part.jpg    

We are not sure about this problem because we cannot find explanation about the last line markings (rectangular and words). The customer hesitated that it is a programmed part or fake part, but they have no official proof to support. The explanation of surface marking is stated as below in your datasheet:

surface explain.JPG

There is no clear statement of what " rectangular + 10I " means in the datasheet. Is there any technical staff in XILINX to help explain this surface marking problem? Thank you very much! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
alesea
Explorer
Explorer

Contact your authorized Xilinx Distributor,

The remarking is typical of re-marked scrap purchased on the gray market.  There is a gallery of such pictures in building 2 in San Jose.  I am sure your photo will get added ...

0 Kudos
tenzinc

Coolkidai,

Looks like a re-binned part. Probably speed grade by the looks and location of it. Your customer should be fine. Just ignore the rectangle. If you're still really concerned about the part being counterfeit, figure out the source of the parts. Are they from Xilinx authorized distributors? If so you should be OK. Make sure to have your PO info ready when asking questions to your distributor. 

Regards,

T

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos