cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olebon01
Adventurer
Adventurer

SPI SREC Bootloader: how to select FLASH_IMAGE_BASEADDR value?

The AR# 64238 and Avnet both are very confusing about  how to choose value of this parameter. One of them mentions that there is a slash memory map and the value has to match the map and both provide some numbers that appear random to me.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

@olebon01 Well, I would stick to using the memory map address+offset but both of these things should work.

Memory map address of the Quad SPI IP+ Offset

OR

Only offset in the blconfig.h.

We do have two ARs which uses different methods here, the key thing is while generating an MCS file you must be careful and should only use offset address.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/64238.html

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63605.html

I hope this helps, Signing off.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
forums.JPG
0 Kudos
olebon01
Adventurer
Adventurer

Pratham, thank you for a quick reply. Basically both these ARs show precisely the problem that I have. To start with 64238, which says "For example, if you want to program the application at an offset of 0x0060000, then the value of FLASH_IMAGE_BASEADDR in this bootloader will be 0x00600000". Why exactly would I want it to be 0x0060 0000? What if I want it to become 0x00000003? 

Same with 63605, it says "For example, if the flash base address in the Vivado project (check the address editor) is 0xC2000000 and you want to give an offset of 0x00C00000 then the value of FLASH_IMAGE_BASEADDR will be 0x00C00000"

The questions that are totally unclear are:

- How did the authors of these ARs guessed the acceptable values?

- Is it a range of values or it should be only one precise value?

"If you want" is present in both ARs and none of them describes the reason why the reader is supposed to want some random value.

I have an impression that the author is using some obscure algorithm that seems to him so obvious that he does not even bother to describe it, however for me it is absolutely unclear.

0 Kudos